Appointments to see a GP (Mon-Fri) are available at all three sites. Those at Church Street Surgery and Thorley Health Centre can be booked via reception or Online (please see Online Services for further information).
Haymeads Health Centre operates as an open access clinic and appointments are made in person on a first come, first served basis. Pre-bookable extended hours appointments are also available at Haymeads Health Centre on Wednesday evenings (excluding the first Wed of a month) and Saturday mornings.
To see a GP at the open access clinic (Mon-Fri):
- The doors to the Herts and Essex Hospital open at 8am.
- Take a numbered ticket when you arrive at Haymeads Health Centre.
- The receptionist books in patients from 8.30am in number order. You will be given the choice of seeing a GP or nurse and an approximate appointment time. You may choose to stay and wait or return nearer to your time.
- Last booking for open access is 10.00am.
To see a GP at Church Street Surgery or Thorley Health Centre (Mon-Fri):
- Appointments can be booked (subject to availability) by speaking to a receptionist (by telephone or in person) or on-line.
- Appointments are released in batches at 8am for the same day and 14 days ahead and at 9pm for the following day.
Haymeads Health Centre extended hours clinics (Wed eve, Sat am) is no longer running. This service has been replaced by the Extended Access service offered across the local area.
GP and nurse appointments are now available in your area during the evenings and at the weekend, as part of an ‘extended access’ service for patients registered at practices in Bishop’s Stortford, Sawbridgeworth and the surrounding areas.
You will be able to book appointments to see a GP, Nurse or other health professional in the evenings between 6.30-8pm and at weekends from 9am-1pm. Appointments can be booked either in advance or on the day and will be held in different locations across the area.
For more information on the extended access service or to book an appointment please contact your own practice reception.
A nurse is available at the Book on the Day clinic at Haymeads Health Centre every weekday morning.
Prebookable nurse and healthcare assistant (HCA) appointments are available up to two weeks in advance at all three sites. Due to the varied nature and time lengths of these appointments, it is not currently possible to offer nurse or HCA for on-line booking.
The practice clinical pharmacist can see you for medication reviews and long-term condition monitoring.
Please cancel any appointments you no longer need, giving as much notice as possible so that we are able to offer the appointments to other patients.
All appointments can be cancelled using SystmOnline, even those that cannot be booked online.
If you would like to receive text reminders, please complete the Consent to SMS form in the navigation bar on the left, or complete the form below and return to any of the surgeries.
Consent to SMS messaging form